Quite a nice season! I found new favorite in the series like Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi. I even reignited my interest in Ajin and harshly reminded how awful it is to ship a couple you know it won’t happen *coughs* Obi + Shirayuki *coughs* Nevertheless winter anime was still loads of fun. Hopefully spring will follow suit (although I am more interested with the summer line-up~ , but let’s take one season at a time). (List is arranged according to favorites!)
Last Notes for Winter Anime 2016:
- Haikyuu!! Second Season – all Haikyuu!! fans already knew about the news of the third season slated to air in October (fall). Oh my gosh, I’m quite excited. Shiratorizawa match is about Tsukishima. I love me more Tsukki moments. The boy grew up in the span of 30+ chaps and I can’t wait to see it, especially the how the match ends! But still so much love for Aoba Josai match especially episode 24 where everything was so intense and everyone was shouting yoshaaa~ every damn chance. But can’t say I blame them, it was a really fierce match. Oh boys, you and your passion for volleyball!
- Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi – this would have been easily my favorite this season if weren’t for last three episodes. I read an article from ANN about the ending following the manga and guess what: IT WASN’T! It was almost completely deviated from the original ending bar that little moment with Airi. My total gripe was that thing with Yashiro. It just felt out of place. And then the lack of explanation as to how Satoru was saved from the sinking van; Yashiro’s backstory & Airi. Ugh, A-1 why? Just, why??!!
- Gintama° – time to cry my fellow Gintama-tards, it has now come. I guess the animation studio has exhausted the material and needed to end the series. I was just baffled as to why the studio didn’t opt to adapt few minor arcs. Thankfully one of my fave arcs is going to be released as two-part OVA. That’s better than nothing, right? But kinda sad that both anime & manga is about to end! *sobs hard*
- Prince of Stride: Alternative – what a fujoshi bait this series was. I thought otome game is about the lady & his boys. This one was about the boys & sometimes their stride but most of the time just boys being boys. Regardless it was still fun! The little sports feel it gave was suffice but like my initial impression, I wouldn’t say it as concrete sport series; it didn’t ignite my interest (and by interest I meant checking and reading things about sports like I did with our sports manga I read/watch). Hell, the story was fun for what it was!
- Nijiiro Days – sometimes I felt like I just watched a commercial. So short & I always crave for more but alas that was it for the week. I would have preferred a 12-episode run with 30 minutes time length than what we have now. But beggars can’t be choosers? Just give me all the Matsun + Mari-chan rabu-rabu moments then I think I’ll be fine.
- Dagashi Kashi – I learned so much about Japanese candies & snacks all thanks to this anime. If I go to Japan I’ll make sure to sample some of the treats the series featured. I’m quite intrigued (I want to drink a ramune, and snack on umaibo and taste that baby star ramen!). This figuratively feed the “shinnichi” in me!
- Akagami no Shirayuki-hime 2nd Season – my watching of this series is pretty inconsistent. To be honest, I was only excited to watch it if it was about Obi. Obi is my favorite character. I do love Zen but there’s something about this wild boy that I’m undeniable attracted to. Ah, Shirayuki I’m so jealous!
- Ajin – if you ask if I got over the CGI, I didn’t. But in all fairness that adaptation was pretty straight so I don’t have any complaints about that. I don’t expect any second season anytime soon (or none at all). The story is pretty much close to the current chapters. They did hop some stand-alone event but I heard it was going to be launched as OVA instead. I liked it. Not the biggest Ajin fan but I do like it!
Sneak Peek of my 2016 Spring Line-Up!
12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki – because I need a slice of life
/romance anime. But I do have a feeling I might drop it eventually. But let’s see…I could be wrong, & maybe it’s good.
Big Order – I love me some action so why not?!
Boku no Hero Academia – I read the first chapter, not feeling it. But then I watched the trailer & found it interesting. So I plan to watch it. I hope it’s good since I prefer watching shounen series than reading it.
Bungou Stray Dogs – like BokuAka, I read a couple of chapters then forgot about it. Trailer too did it for me. It was interesting from the little I read. Who knows I might pick it up again if my watching it end up successfully.
Joker Game – IG’s original and it really, really looks good. The setting from what I remember is during the WWII and about spies! I mean, isn’t that sounds fab! I told my said “I’m in!”
Sakamoto desu ga? – I need to finish reading this! But let me tell you this series is crack! Like Sakamoto is too cool that even enemies fall over heels with him. But this said coolness is so perfect it’s funny. Sakamoto antics are just outrageous but everyone much to my confusion was falling for him! Definitely excited for this!
Sousei no Onmyouji – like Bungou Stray Dogs & BokuAka I read the manga (only the first chapter). Didn’t find it interesting. But I’m giving a try with the same reason as BokuAka.
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge – I’ve read the manga, and let me tell you the MC is lazy AF!!! But that’s make him funny. I didn’t read a lot but I feel sorry for the guy persuading him to move. Guys so lazy…lazier than me! LOL
Terra Formars Revenge – I watched the first season so it’s no brainer than I’m picking up the second.
All logos, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.