I was nominated by Sophia from Ravens and Writing Desks and Shanelle of The Art of Escapism. Thanks girls! I decided to answer them in one post. I never heard of Liebster Award before but the concept reminds me of the memes I used to participate in livejournal. But first, here are the deets:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the award somewhere on your blog.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions chosen by the blogger who nominated you.
- Come up with 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think deserve the award and who have less than 1,000 followers. You may nominate blogs that have already received the award, but you cannot renominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and inform them that they’ve been nominated.
I already shared my top 11 things you should know about me in my livejournal before and because I’m too lazy to think again, I’m just going to paste it here (with some minor alterations, LOL).
11 (RANDOM) FACTS ABOUT ME:
- I’m nearsighted.
- Even though I’m nearsighted, I sometimes refused to wear eyeglasses (which is really bad).
- All my siblings are left handed except for me. I’m the only rightie (both parents are right handed).
- I have acrophobia.
- I can imitate few accents.
- I love potatoes; mashed, fried…however you cook it. Just not raw.
- I’m only 5’2″ and petite. So people mistake my age (like every damn time).
- I have a thing for pigs. The fluffy stuff toy pigs not the real ones. They’re cute. <3
- I tend to write in all caps. I also write neatly which makes me very meticulous with someone’s handwriting.
- I love tea. Iced, hot, flavored, you name it. I’ll drink it.
- My favorite color is gray and pink!
QUESTION TIME: (JUST CLICK THE LINKS TO VIEW THE QUESTIONS & ANSWERS)
[expand title=”Questions from Sophia (from Ravens and Writing Desks)”]
If you could meet any author – dead or alive – for dinner, who would it be, and why?
→ Amano Akira. She’s the author of my all-time favorite manga series, 家庭教師ヒットマンREBORN! (Katekyō Hitman Reborn!). I choose a mangaka instead of novel authors because of the possibility of it happening is pretty slim. For dead authors, well I’m not into classic, so yeah I’m not eager to invite them to dinner (aside from it’ll creep me out).
What is your most prized possession?
→ Material things? I don’t have golds so maybe my books. *shrugs*
How many books do you read at once (on average)? If you read more than one – do you have a special way of managing it?
→ I can’t read more than one book at once. I tend to finish the book before starting another one. But I can finish 2 books a day. My tip? Don’t start reading if you’re about to do something else (or if you don’t have enough time to read). The more focus you are on what you’re reading the easier to understand the story and faster you’ll finish it.
What is your least favorite book and why?
→ Divergent by Veronica Roth. Illogical concept, The Hunger Games knockoff, unnecessarily violent, Tris was suicidal (that’s not bravery!), the list goes on.
What book(s) are you reading right now? How do you like it (them) so far?
→ I’m not reading anything right now (as in this moment). But I just finished Star-Crossed by Luna Lacour which left me conflicted. And I’m thinking of starting What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick.
What is your least favorite literary cliche?
If your house was about to burn down in a fire, which five books would you grab immediately (assuming you had time to do so)?
→ Five books? No! No! More like five boxes.
If you could take a vacation in any fictional world, where would you go?
→ Namimori, Japan.
If you could have one fictional character as your best friend, who would it be?
→ Kenji Kishimoto from Shatter Me.
What book completely changed your life?
→ Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. If it weren’t for her books I wouldn’t be reading.
Do you prefer writing with a pen or a pencil? Why?
→ Pencil. It’s easier to correct things.
[expand title=”Questions from Shanelle(from The Art of Escapism)”]
What’s the type of heroine that you hate?
→ I don’t know, it depends.
What’s the type of hero that you hate?
→ Once again, I don’t know. It really depends—on many things.
What do you think is the next big thing for YA?
→ Oh gosh, I don’t know again, let me consult my crystal ball.
Who would be your dream cast for one of your favorite books?
→ I don’t do fan-casting but if ever, I want the actor for Warner to be incredibly handsome (by my standards) but the prospect terrifies me so I’d rather let him stay in my imagination.
Name one of your bookish OTPs.
→ Really guys by this time you should already know. What? You still don’t know? The whole PROJECT SIXTY-TWO wasn’t obvious enough? Ok, for those who don’t know: Warner and Juliette from Shatter Me Trilogy.
Coffee, tea, milk, water, or whatever. What’s your favorite drink?
→ Tea! And Water, of course.
Favorite flavor of ice cream?
→ Double Dutch
→ National Bookstore (bcos they’re cheaper) but I do love Fullybooked too.
Where’s your dream destination?
What do you hate about where you live?
→ Pollution, disorganization, corruption…
Best social media to fangirl?
→ Twitter. All you need is 140 characters or less to fangirl and that’s enough.
FOR MY QUESTIONS:
- What’s your biggest book blogging accomplishment so far?
- Do you have author you’re acquainted with (local or foreign)? If yes, how did you meet?
- What made you start blogging?
- What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
- Who (book bloggers, authors anyone from the book community) do you look up to and why?
- Do you see yourself blogging for more than five years?
- Do you prefer print books to ebooks? Why?
- Best blogging moments so far?
- The shortest book you’ve ever read?
- The longest book you’ve ever read?
- Your most memorable character so far?
- Adelena of A Page of Heaven
- Alice of Of Books
- Elizabeth of So long and thanks for all the fish
- Kezia of Chapteriosity
- Marie Grey of The Moody Reader