I think I accomplished my goals for this year. I did attend some bookish events. I definitely read more (I even outdid my previous record). And I also have new e-reader (I even got two now). So for 2104 I’m thinking of the same goals to achieve. I’m not really much of a well-planned person and I tend to go with the flow instead of planning way ahead, I will still keep my groove, the way I like it. So that being said here are my blogging resolutions for 2014:
1. Read More – Same last year, I want to read more. If I could beat my record of 260+ for this year would be better. But like every year I will always start with 100 books. That’s always been my target. I’m using GR challenge again, it’s my fourth year of doing this thing and it’s always give me the satisfied feeling whenever I see my badge and it says I completed the challenge.
2. Blog More – I love writing reviews that will never change. But I guess I can see now the fuss on non-review content in blogs. It gives your blog some personal touch and makes you stand out from the crowd (although that isn’t my objective). Like I said, I love writing my opinion on bookish topics and read what people think of it.
3. Try Classic Book – I failed this one for this year. I didn’t read any classic book. It’s not my comfort zone. I tend to get confused whenever I’m reading one. I’m uneasy with the language (since you know, it’s old therefore the language is, well, old, too). But I’ll try yet again. At least one. I need to read at least one.
4. Attend Bookish Event – I’m not sure about attending every book signing will happen (or any bookish event that will take place) particularly if I’m not a fan of the book/author. I just don’t see the purpose but I will try to attend for my favorite authors. (Gayle Foreman has signing event but I’m still unsure with the schedule and all. But let’s see.)
5. New bookish Friends – I’m shy. I’m really, really shy. Both online and offline. I’m so terrified to approach bloggers. But I’ll try to be friendly and approachable. Some people think I’m snob because I rarely talk but it wasn’t that I’m just terribly shy. So yeah, I will try to open up to others.
6. Enjoy! – Well, I do enjoy this, still, if it wasn’t fun I wouldn’t been doing this for such a long time. And now it’s even more fun with all the bookish folks I’m happily acquainted with.
So I think that’s my goal. I’m now about to enter my fourth year of blogging! Is it exciting, you guys. I hope I can achieve those. It’s very general so I think I can do it.
How about you what are your Blogging Resolution, care to share it with me!